DO NOT have any scripts or GamePacks enabled until you are happy with your controller's setup and performance (disabled = press the memory slot button until the Zen gearhead logo is on the OLED screen), and remember, if your controller ever disconnects, glitches or becomes unresponsive, simply tap Zen's reset button to resync.
Setup Hardware: Android device, XBOX SERIES X/S, XBOX ELITE S2, and XBOX ONE controllers, USB-C OTG Adapter, Zen Studio and Zen Firmware .
- Connect CRONUS ZEN to PC from PROG (mini-USB).
- Open ZEN STUDIO > Device Panel > Emulator Output Protocol set to PC/MOBILE.
- Make sure that PS4 Speciality and PS Remote Play are NOT enabled. NOTE: Unplug all USB cables from Zen (no power).
- Connect CRONUS ZEN to the ANDROID DEVICE from CONSOLE/PC (micro-USB + USB-C OTG adapter).
- Connect the XBOX controller to A1 and press the XBOX button to power it on.
AUDIO: If you wish to use a headset, connect it directly to the Android device and not the controller. If you don't have a headset and wish to use voice chat, you can also use the Android device's built-in microphone.
These are the major Xbox controller models that have been tested working with an Android device and the Cronus Zen.
Connect a wired Keypad or Keyboard to A2 or A3 and use it alongside your controller for powerful GamePack MODs, Scripts, and Build/Edit Macros. This is REALLY popular with Apex Legends Mobile players who are slaying with the new 32bit Community Supported GamePack 😉
If you wish to monitor controller outputs in real-time with Zen Studio, connect the PROG (mini-USB) cable from Zen to PC, and keep the Zen connected to your Android device with the CONSOLE/PC (micro-USB + USB-C OTG adapter) cable. Open Zen Studio and make sure the Zen is detected, then go to the Device panel and select Tools > Device Monitor (Shortcut: F3).
If the Zen RGB LEDs do not light up, or if no controller buttons are responding, unplug all USB cables from the Zen, reconnect, then press Zen's reset button and that should fix it. Make sure the controllers are powered on.
If your controller disconnects:
- If the controller connected to A1 does not work, try A3.
- The USB cable from the controller to the Zen is bad.
- The USB port on the controller is damaged.
For more detailed help, check out the extensive 👈 guide.