This is currently BETA and may not work with some Apple devices, especially those with an M1 chipset.
DO NOT have any scripts or GamePacks enabled until you are happy with your controller's setup and performance (disabled = press the memory slot button until the Zen gearhead logo is on the OLED screen), and remember, if your controller ever disconnects, glitches or becomes unresponsive, simply tap Zen's reset button to resync.
You should be able to use pretty much any controller to the Zen, USB, Wireless Adapter or Bluetooth and it should work exactly as the DS4 instructions below. Let us know you're results!
I last tested this working 100% on July 2nd playing Call of Duty Mobile and Apex Legends Mobile using an iPAD (8th Gen iOS 15.4.1) and an Apple Lightning Camera Adapter (newer models will use a USB-C OTG adapter). I don't have an M1 device to test so can't confirm if it works with that or not yet. I'll post it here as soon as it's confirmed.
Setup Hardware: Apple iPAD (8th Gen iOS 15.4.1), Lightning Camera Adapter, DUALSHOCK 4 v2 controller, Zen Studio , and Zen Firmware .
- Connect the CRONUS ZEN to a PC from PROG (mini-USB).
- Open ZEN STUDIO > Device Panel > Select "Enable PS Remote Play"
- Wait for the Zen to restart, then check PS Remote Play is enabled (unplug and reconnect all USB cables from the Zen if it doesn't detect in Zen Studio after the restart).
- Unplug all USB cables from Zen (no power).
- Connect the CRONUS ZEN to an APPLE iOS DEVICE from CONSOLE/PC (micro-USB + USB-C OTG adapter). NOTE: If your Apple device has a lightning port instead of USB-C, you can use an Apple Lightning Camera Adapter.
- Connect a DUALSHOCK 4 controller to A3 and press the PS button to power it on.
AUDIO: If you wish to use voice chat, you can also use the Apple device's built-in speaker and microphone.
TOUCHSCREEN: You can use the touchscreen at the same time as using a controller.
Connect a wired Keypad or Keyboard to A2 and use it alongside your controller for powerful GamePack MODs, Scripts, and Build/Edit Macros. This is REALLY popular with Apex Legends Mobile players who are slaying with the new 32bit Community Supported GamePack 😉
If you wish to monitor controller outputs in real-time with Zen Studio, connect the PROG (mini-USB) cable from Zen to PC, and keep the Zen connected to your Apple device with the CONSOLE/PC (micro-USB + USB-C OTG adapter or Lightning Camera Adapter) cable. Open Zen Studio and make sure the Zen is detected, then go to the Device panel and select Tools > Device Monitor (Shortcut: F3).
If the Zen RGB LEDs do not light up, or if no controller buttons are responding, unplug all USB cables from the Zen, reconnect, then press Zen's reset button and that should fix it. Make sure the controllers are powered on.
If your controller disconnects:
- If the controller connected to A3 does not work, try A1.
- The USB cable from the controller to the Zen is bad.
- The USB port on the controller is damaged.
- The adapter to the Apple device is not connected or a bad connection (Lightning Camera Adapter or USB-C OTG Adapter). You should clean the Lightning Port/USB-C port as these can cause disconnections or no connection at all.
- The Apple Device has an M1 chipset which may not work.
For more detailed help, check out the extensive 👈 guide.