Local Remote Play is a new method to play almost all PS4/PS5 games with Cronus Zen while eliminating any lag or disconnection issues that you may experience when using the Online Remote Play method.
After a good amount of testing by members of the Cronus Community GamePack team, it was found that the Beloader Pro device offered the best local remote play functionality when paired with Cronus Zen.
🎥 VIDEO DEMO
These are the written step-by-step instructions for the new LOCAL REMOTE PLAY system from the Beloader Pro (the original Beloader is not supported). This new system is a standalone hardware client that is added to your local network and paired to your console so that you're able to use the consoles Remote Play System, but without connecting to the Online Remote Play servers - everything is done on your local network, so it eliminates all lag and disconnecting issues that you may experience with the Online Remote Play system!
Be sure to follow them exactly as written, or your controller will disconnect every 8-10 minutes, or not work at all. Memo: If you are wondering why your controller is disconnecting 👈 this is why.
DO NOT follow other instructions, download other files, or watch other videos because many of them are either wrong, confusing, misleading, or the wrong version files/steps for Cronus Zen.
Also, DO NOT have any scripts or GamePacks enabled until you are happy with your controller's setup and performance (disabled = press the memory slot button P1 until the Zen GearHead logo is on the OLED screen - see below).
WHAT DO I NEED?
Remote Play is a feature available on all PS4 and PS5 consoles. This is everything you need to get Cronus Zen working with the new Beloader Pro LOCAL REMOTE PLAY method.
- Your PS5 or PS4 must be connected to a broadband modem with PS Remote Play enabled.
- Download and install the latest Zen Studio
- Cronus Zen, upgraded to firmware.
- Beloader Pro upgraded to firmware using psnid.app/beloader
- 1x CAT 6 Ethernet Cable (the shorter the better but supports up to 100ft).
- 1 x USB-C OTG Adapter (if using a mobile device or the PS5's front USB-C port - see Step 4).
- We recommend at least 20Mbps DOWN/UP internet speed and less than 30ms ping.
- A PS Remote Play compatible PS4/PS5 game.
We will now take you through each step. All console screenshots shown are from the PS5, but each step is pretty much the same on the PS4.
It seems like a lot but don't worry, just follow the steps exactly as written, it will only take a few minutes. The good news is you only have to do this once 🙂
STEP 1: PS4/PS5 SETTINGS
⚙️ 👉 System 👉 Remote Play 👉 Enable Remote Play ⚙️ 👉 System 👉 Power Saving 👉 Features in Rest Mode 👉 Enable Turning on PS5 from Network
STEP 2: CRONUS ZEN - ENABLE REMOTE PLAY
These are the names of all Zen's USB ports, buttons and LED's. Be sure to familiarize yourself with them as they're used throughout this guide.
Hardware Used: Windows 11 PC, mini-USB cable, Zen Studio , and the latest Zen firmware .
- Connect CRONUS ZEN to a Windows PC from the PROG mini-USB Port.
- Open ZEN STUDIO 👉 Device Panel 👉 Select "Enable PS Remote Play" (See video below).
- Wait for the Zen to restart, make sure that PS Remote Play is still enabled. You can now close Zen Studio.
If PS Remote Play isn't enabled after the restart, or if Zen Studio says Device Disconnected, click the Find Device button and it should then detect the Zen. If it still isn't detected, or PS Remote Play isn't enabled, close Zen Studio, unplug the PROG mini-USB cable from the Zen, open Zen Studio, reconnect the mini-USB cable to Zen's PROG USB port and try again.
The video below shows each of these steps:
STEP 3: BELOADER PRO UPGRADE
These are the names of the Beloader Pro USB ports, buttons and LED's that you will be using when setting it up with the Cronus Zen. Be sure to familiarize yourself with them as they're used throughout this guide.
Hardware Used: Windows 11 PC, USB-C cable, a LOCAL REMOTE PLAY device (Beloader Pro), and the latest Beloader Pro firmware .
- Hold the upgrade button while connecting the Beloader Pro to a PC using a USB-C cable (the USB port is right next to the upgrade button). The Beloader LED will change to WHITE when in pairing mode.
- Go to psnid.app/beloader and click the Connect Beloader Pro button. You will see a popup showing that the Beloader Pro is correctly detected.
Select "Beloader Pro HID FS - Paired" so it is highlighted, then click the connect button.
Click "Choose File", then navigate to the latest firmware .bin and click the blue update button. This takes around 60 seconds, so grab a brew while you're waiting.
- After the firmware has finished updating, it is VERY IMPORTANT that you do the following step: Unplug the USB-C cable from the Beloader Pro, then connect it again and wait 5 seconds.
That part is now done, so you're now going to pair the Beloader Pro to your PS5. To do that you will need your PSN ID Secret Key which you can get here: psnid.app. Simply follow the on-screen instructions, don't worry it only takes a minute.
- Get the PS5 8-Digit Link PIN by going to ⚙️ 👉 System 👉 Remote Play 👉 Link
Enter the PSNID Secret Key and 8-Digit Link PIN to the config form and click the Save button (the values below are for demonstration purposes only - your PSN ID will be unique to your console).
- You can now connect the Beloader to your local network (modem/router) using any USB power source and a good quality ethernet cable (t doesn't need to be connected to a PC, so any good quality USB power brick will do, or your modem may have a 5v USB port which you can also use). Tap the Beloader Pro upgrade button twice until the LED starts flashing Blue. As soon as it has paired to your PS5, the LED will change to solid green.
- Now you can connect Cronus Zen to the Beloader Pro. Make sure REMOTE PLAY is enabled in Zen Studio. Once paired to the Beloader, the Touchpad and Zen RGB LEDs will change to pink. if it doesn't tap Zen's reset button.
It doesn't have to be a DUALSENSE®, you can connect any controller you like to Cronus Zen's A1 USB port, including of course the DUALSHOCK4®. Most Xbox®, PlayStation® and Switch® controllers are fully supported, both wired and wireless (Xbox controllers require the Xbox Wireless Adapter v2).
You can also use a Mouse & Keyboard in a controller lobby (we recommend using the Cronus MK Switch).
You are now able to play any PS5 game with full Cronus Zen support including GamePacks, GPC Scripts, Controllers and Mouse & Keyboard Engine.
STEP 4: CONTROLLER SETUP (BT)
If you wish to use your DUALSENSE® controller wirelessly using Bluetooth, we recommend that you first clear the Bluetooth pairing cache first. Connect Zen to a PC using the PROG mini-USB cable. Open Zen Studio and go to Device Panel and click the Clear BT Devices button.
You'll get a confirmation pop-up; click Yes.
- First make sure the controller's battery is fully charged, then hold the CREATE+PS buttons until the DUALSENSE® lightbar flashes WHITE.
- Press Zen's Bluetooth pairing button P2 until the RGBs flash BLUE.
- After a few seconds your controller is paired and you're ready to game!
WIRED HEADSET SUPPORT
You can also connect a wired headset directly to the Beloader Pro. Be sure to also connect a USB-C cable from the EXT POWER USB Port directly to the PlayStation® for full wired headset support.
When connected, the console will show a message that your PSN account is successfully using a headset. If you have more than one account, it will ask which one you wish to use the headset with. Super easy!
Connecting a headset directly to the Beloader Pro instead of the Cronus Zen means that Zen is not using the heavy CPU cycles that audio demands, so immensely complex GamePacks or Scripts can run without risking disconnecting when using a wired headset.
PS5 ULTIMATE BUNDLE - SAVE $70!
The community is filled with requests to do a special Zen bundle for the PS5, so here it is. This special limited edition Cronus Zen bundle for the PlayStation 5 is everything you need to hook up a Cronus Zen to your PS5 in just a few minutes.
With this essential set of new tools, you no longer require a third-party PS4 controller to boot PS5 games. All the latest PS5 games work, including Warzone 2.0, without any lag or disconnections*
Everything you need to boot PS5 games with the full functionality of Cronus Zen and its world famous GamePacks and Scripts.
Featuring the Beloader Pro, currently the only working Local Remote Play client which gives you the ability to use Cronus Zen and all the latest PS5 games without any lag or disconnections (network requirements are less than 30ms ping and higher than 20Mbps UP/DOWN internet speed).
There's also a high speed CAT6 High Speed Ethernet cable, which is used to pair the Beloader Pro to a Modem and PlayStation 5, a USB-C Pro gaming cable if you wish to use your controller over USB instead of Bluetooth, and a USB-C 3.0 OTG adapter which can be used to connect your Zen to any Android/Apple tablet or mobile device (the COD Mobile GamePack is insane!), and is also a useful adapter to provide power to the Beloader Pro from the front USB-C port of a PS5 without needing an extra power supply.
- Cronus Zen (MSRP $99.99) - $10 off!
- Beloader Pro Remote Play Client (MSRP $69.99) - $10 off!
- Cronus Zen White Glove Test & Upgrade (MSRP $9.99) - FREE!
- 10ft CAT6 Snagless Ethernet Cable (MSRP $14.99) - FREE!
- 10ft Braided USB-C Pro Gaming Cable (MSRP $14.99) - FREE!
- USB-C 3.0 OTG Adapter (MSRP $9.99) - FREE!
Also includes a bonus extended 12 Month guarantee for the Cronus Zen!
BUNDLE SALE PRICE:
$219.94 $149.99 ON SALE NOW!
⛔ REMOTE PLAY LIMITATIONS
There are several unavoidable limitations when using Remote Play.
- Titles that require PlayStation® VR, or other peripherals such as the PlayStation® Camera are not compatible with PS Remote Play.
- DUALSENSE® support is available on Android devices (Android 12 or later), iPhone and iPad (iOS 14.5 or later), Windows PC (10 or later), and Mac (11.3 or later).
- DUALSHOCK4® support is available on Android devices (Android 10 or later), iPhone and iPad (iOS 13 or later), Windows PC (10 or later), and Mac (10.15 or later).
- DUALSHOCK4® features as Touch Pad, Motion Sensor, Light Bar and Vibration might not be available.
- Availability of DUALSENSE® features such as audio output and haptic effects such as adaptive triggers vary when using remote play; some features may not be available.
- Higher than 60Hz refresh rates may not be supported with most PS5 games.