Cronus Zen supports the Nintendo® Switch console, and all official Nintendo controllers.
Remember, when using Cronus Zen, any supported device (controllers, mice, keyboards) will work with your Nintendo® Switch console! 🎮🚀
Should you encounter any issues when using the latest firmware that were not present in the earlier 2.1.0 Beta 50, we provide the option to easily rollback to the previous firmware. Click here for more info.
Nintendo® Switch OLED
Nintendo® Switch Lite
Nintendo® Switch TV Dock
Cronus Zen supports all features of the official Nintendo® Switch controllers (Bluetooth).
Nintendo® Switch Joy-Cons (L+R)
Nintendo® Switch Wireless Pro
The following are third-party licensed Nintendo Switch controllers that have been verified to work with Cronus Zen. If you're using a controller that works but not listed here, we'd love to know! Reach out to us at cronus.support. 🥰
Hori D-Pad Controller (L+R)
Hori Switch Horipad
Gulikit ZEN Pro
These controllers are NOT currently compatible with Cronus Zen:
- All unlicensed Nintendo® Switch controllers
- All Flight Sticks
- All H.O.T.A.S.
Note: Connecting an unsupported controller might trigger an E3 Error Code. Simply unplug/replug the USB cable to reset.
You must enable Pro Controller Wired Communication for Cronus Zen to correctly pair with the Nintendo Switch.
- System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Pro Controller Wired Communication: On
This guide will show you how to connect any controller to a Nintendo® Switch console.
First make sure your Zen is updated to . If it isn't, you'll need to visit STEP 1: Update Firmware.
OK, Let's get after it.
- Connect the Cronus Zen to your PC using the PROG USB port.
- Open Zen Studio .
- Select the Device panel.
- The Emulator Output Protocol must be set to NINTENDO SWITCH.
Nintendo® Switch TV Dock
When using a Switch TV Dock, make sure the 15v power supply is connected or the Zen will not power on.
If you are using the Switch in Handheld mode, you'll also need an OTG USB-C Adapter for the Cronus Zen to connect successfully.
- Nintendo® Switch Wireless Pro (Bluetooth):
- Tap Zen's Bluetooth pairing button (P2) for pairing mode.
- Hold down the sync button and after a few seconds it will pair with the Zen. That's it. 😁
- Nintendo® Switch Joy-Cons (Bluetooth):
- The Nintendo Switch Left & Right Joy-Con Controllers have to be paired separately to the Cronus Zen.
- Tap Zen's Bluetooth pairing button (P2) for pairing mode, then hold down the Joy-Con (Left) sync button and after a few seconds it will vibrate.
- Tap Zen's Bluetooth pairing button again, then hold down the Joy-Con (Right) sync button and it will also vibrate. That's it. 😁
- Crossover Gameplay:
- Non-Nintendo® Switch USB controllers connect to Zen's A3 USB port.
- Note: An AUTH controller connected to A1 is not required.
- Bluetooth Pairing:
- Tap Zen's Bluetooth pairing button (P2) for pairing mode, then...
- DualSense® Controllers: There is currently no Bluetooth support. Use USB.
- Xbox® Controllers: There is currently no Bluetooth support. Requires adapter.
- Nintendo® Switch Controllers: Hold down Sync buttons for pairing mode.
- DualShock® Controllers: Hold down SHARE + PS for pairing mode.
- Wireless Adapters:
- To achieve wireless support for Xbox® controllers, the Xbox Wireless Adapter is required. Plug it into A3, connect the Xbox® controller to A2 for a few seconds, then unplug. Soon, the LED on the Adapter and controller will turn solid white, indicating successful pairing.
- The Astro® C40 adapter can also be connected to A3.
Your controller might not charge when connected via Zen. Ensure its fully charged or equipped with fresh batteries to prevent disconnections.
While the Switch itself doesn’t offer a direct wired headset connection via the Joy-Con or Wireless Pro controllers, we've engineered a sweet workaround for when it's docked.
When your Switch is nestled into a Nintendo Switch TV Dock, our added technical wizardry allows you to game using a DualSense, DualShock4, or Xbox Series X|S controller, all while enjoying full wired headset support.
Here’s your guide to popular controllers that enable headset support while gaming on the docked Nintendo Switch. Just ensure all controllers are connected to A3.
PS4 DualShock4 v1 (CUH-ZCT1X)
PS4 DualShock4 v2 (CUH-ZCT2X)
Xbox Series X|S
Navigate to 'Controllers' from the Switch menu and observe the icon:
- If it displays 'USB', the Switch is correctly synced to the Zen.
- If the 'USB' is not displayed, tap Zen's reset button to resynchronize.