This is the newest method for PS5 and Cronus Zen (May 2023) but is currently in BETA so is open only to testers and bugs are to be expected. For support and feedback, join us in our Discord #ps5beta channels.
⛔ IMPORTANT If you have concerns regarding using any firmware that contains bugs or if you are unable to provide comprehensive bug reports without expecting any subsequent updates, we strongly advise you wait until this method is out of BETA and ready for a wide release.
The PS5 Beta currently supports more PS5 features than any other method or workaround, and is highly recommended if you are using a PS5 with Cronus Zen and don't mind testing for bugs.
The Zen Studio software and firmware for the PS5 Beta are completely separate to the main releases found on the Cronus Downloads page. For example you cant use the normal Zen Studio with the PS5 Beta Firmware, and you can't use the normal firmware with the PS5 Beta version of Zen Studio.
- Supports all PS5 games
- Supports all PS4 games
- Supports DUALSENSE Controller
- Supports DUALSENSE EDGE Controller
- Supports Crossover Controllers (Xbox, Switch, Mouse & Keyboard etc)
- Supports all DUALSENSE/EDGE features...
- Adaptive Triggers
- Supports Wired/Wireless Headsets
- Supports USB only
- Supports all GamePacks
- Supports all Scripts updated with the new PS5 Beta functions
If you require support or wish to post a bug report, join the #ps5-beta channels in the Cronus Discord.
PS5 SETUP CHECKLIST
Please read this important checklist before setting up your PS5:
- No PlayStation controllers paired to the PS5 (delete them from Bluetooth Accessories)
- You can also disable Bluetooth on your PS5 controller by holding the PS button for 15 seconds
- Do not have any scripts or GamePacks enabled while setting up your controller
- Be sure to apply the PS5 Settings below (or risk your controller disconnecting) 👇
Settings > System > Power Saving > Set Time Until Controllers Turn Off > Don't Turn Off Settings > System > Power Saving > Features Available in Rest Mode > Supply Power to USB ports > Always Settings > Accessories > Controllers > Communication > Use USB Cable
Some users are experiencing disconnection issues if Bluetooth is enabled on their PS5. Simple workaround: Disable Bluetooth.
Settings > Accessories > General > Turn off Bluetooth
SETUP DUALSENSE (USB)
Setup Hardware: PlayStation 5 console, DUALSENSE controller, Zen Studio 1.3.1 Beta 46 and Zen Firmware 1.2.1 Beta 68.
THE PS5 BETA FILES: https://cronus.support/ZenHigh5.zip
IMPORTANT: Make sure your PlayStation controller is fully charged, or it will likely disconnect or not detect at all.
- Open cmupdatetool-cronuszen-2.1.0-beta.68.exe, update Cronus Zen to Beta 68, then perform a Hard Reset.
- Open ZenStudio-1.3.1.Beta.46.exeand go to Tools > Reset Zen Studio. It will close then re-open.
- Connect the CRONUS ZEN to a PC from the PROG USB.
- Open Zen Studio 1.3.1 Beta 46 > Device Panel > Emulator Output Protocol set to AUTO. Make sure that PS4 Speciality and PS Remote Play are NOT enabled.
- Next, unplug all cables from the Zen (no power), then connect the CRONUS ZEN to a PS5 CONSOLE from the CONSOLE/PC USB.
- Connect a DUALSENSE CONTROLLER to A1and press the PS button to power it on.
- Open Astro's Playroom and run the Controller Demo to test full functionality before attempting to use any GamePacks or Scripts.
AUDIO: If your wired headset is connected to the DUALSENSE controller and you can't hear any audio, try using a wireless headset, or one that connects directly to the console and not the controller. For more details see the Wired Headset Users page.
All known issues with the PS5 Beta will be posted here - be sure to report all bugs and detailed feedback to the correct community PS5 Beta channels. As of today, the latest PS5 Beta versions are: