Cronus Support Checklist
You've likely been given this page because you need help but haven't provided enough information to answer your question.
It's really important that you provide the information below, or no one will be able to help you with your problem. Unfortunately, there are many community members posting questions like "why is my controller disconnecting" then get mad when no one responds. It's not because no one wants to, it's that they can't.
First things first, if you need "live support", join our Cronus Discord server and then create a support post as follows.
It's always good to start with a detailed description of the problem, then here's the list of information we need:
- Confirm you are using the latest versions of Zen firmware and Zen Studio
- The exact model name/number of the controller or mouse/keyboard (inc. auth controllers)
- The system you are connecting to (PC/PS5/XBOX SERIES X etc.)
- Which USB cables are connected to which ports, both Zen and PC/Console (see image below)
- A detailed description of your problem, including the title of the game, and any gamepacks you are using, and any specific error messages. If using a script, you must provide a copy of the script so we can reproduce your error.
- A screenshot of Zen Studio's device panel (Windows screenshot tool is ctrl+🪟+s)
If you respond like this, expect fast and accurate support.
- Zen FW 2.1.0-beta.47 & Zen Studio 1.2.1 Beta 119
- DualSense Edge (CFI-ZCP1) controller
- Gaming on a Windows PC
- DualSense controller is connected to Zen's A1 & PROG mini-USB to PC.
- The DualSense controller is not being detected in Zen Studio or Windows.
- Zen Studio device panel screenshot
Here are the step-by-step instructions for setting up a DUALSENSE controller on a PC (USB)
PlayStation Controller to Windows PC by USB
You will see that there are two errors:
- The PS Remote Play option must be enabled when connecting a PS controller to PC.
- Zen must be connected to the PC using the CONSOLE/PC micro-USB cable (the PROG mini-USB cable is only required when setting everything up in Zen Studio).
- Zen Studio device panel screenshot after corrections:
First use Zen Studio's Device Monitor (F3) to check that all the controller inputs to the Zen are working (both CONSOLE/PC and PROG USB cables must be connected to the PC.
Unplug the PROG mini-USB cable and visit gamepad-tester.com - you should get the following results:
DualSense Connected to A1:
DualSense Connected to A3 (A little magic sauce emulates it as an original DUALSHOCK 4 😋)
If you have Steam installed, you can test your DualSense controller there too.
View > Settings > Controller > Select the General Controller Settings button > Enable PlayStation Configuration Support (Note the Detected Controller is "PlayStation 5 Controller").
DualSense Connected to A1: