Cronus Zen supports all versions of the PlayStation® 3 console, including all variations of DualShock3® & PlayStation® 3 Move controllers (USB & Bluetooth).
Remember, when using Cronus Zen, any supported device (controllers, mice, keyboards) will work with your PlayStation® 3 console! 🎮🚀
PlayStation® 3 (CECH-L00)
PlayStation® 3 Slim (CECH-2000)
PlayStation® 3 Slim (CECH-3000)
PlayStation® 3 Super Slim (CECH-4000)
All special editions and variations of the official Sony DualShock3® are compatible with Cronus Zen (both USB & Bluetooth supported).
DualShock3® (SCPH-98050 )
The PlayStation® 3 Move Motion (Blue Ball Gyro) and Navigation (Analog Stick) Controllers can either be connected to the Zen by mini-USB cable or paired using Bluetooth (Left Bluetooth channel for the Motion controller, and Right Bluetooth channel for the Navigation controller)
PlayStation® Move Motion (CECH-ZCM1X)
PlayStation® Move Navigation (CECH-ZCS1X)
X: U=USA, E=Europe, J=Japan
🖱️COMBINE NAVCON WITH A MOUSE
You can also combine just the PlayStation® Navigation Controller and a mouse for enhanced FPS gaming. The Navigation Controller facilitates smooth in-game movement, while the mouse provides precise aiming and shooting. This setup allows for comfortable, accurate, and immersive gameplay. Ensure to configure your devices properly before diving into your gaming session.
The market is flooded with un-licensed PlayStation® 3 controllers. Some may work, some won't. We can only guarantee that the original DualShock3® is supported. 👍🎮
This guide will show you how to connect any controller to a PlayStation® 3 console.
First make sure your Zen is updated to . If it isn't, you'll need to visit STEP 1: Update Firmware.
OK, Let's get after it.
- Connect the Cronus Zen to your PC using the PROG USB port.
- Open Zen Studio .
- Select the Device panel.
- The Emulator Output Protocol must be set to PLAYSTATION 3.
- DualShock3® Controller (USB Only):
- Connect to the A3 USB port. That's it. 😁
- Crossover Gameplay:
- Other devices such as non-PS3 controllers, mice, keyboards etc. use the A3 USB port, and also the A2 port if you need to connect two devices.
- You can also use a secondary device alongside a DualShock3® controller such as a mouse for enhanced aiming, or a keypad with dozens of assigned MACROs.
- Crossover Note:
- Note: You do not need to connect an AUTH controller to A1.
- Bluetooth Pairing:
- Tap Zen's Bluetooth pairing button (P2) for pairing mode, then...
- DualSense® Controllers: There is currently no Bluetooth support. Use USB.
- Xbox® Controllers: There is currently no Bluetooth support. Requires adapter.
- Nintendo® Switch Controllers: Hold down sync button for pairing mode.
- DualShock® Controllers: Hold down SHARE + PS for pairing mode.
- PlayStation 3 Move® Motion & Navigator Controllers (Bluetooth):
- The PlayStation Move® Motion and Navigation Left & Right Controllers have to be paired separately to the Cronus Zen.
- Move Motion : Tap Zen's Bluetooth pairing button (P2) for pairing mode, hold down SHARE + PS for pairing mode.
- Move Navigation : Tap Zen's Bluetooth pairing button again, Hold down SHARE + PS for pairing mode. That's it. 😁
- Wireless Adapters:
- To achieve wireless support for Xbox controllers, the Xbox Wireless Adapter is required. Plug it into A3, connect the Xbox® controller to A2 for a few seconds, then unplug. Soon, the LED on the Adapter and controller will turn solid white, indicating successful pairing.
- The Astro C40 adapter can also be connected to A3.
Your controller might not charge when connected via Zen. Ensure its fully charged or equipped with fresh batteries to prevent disconnections.
🎧 WIRED HEADSETS
There is no headset support with the PlayStation® 3 console or controllers.