Cronus Zen supports all versions of the PlayStation® 5 console, and all official DualSense® and DualSense Edge® controllers.
Remember, when using Cronus Zen, any supported device (controllers, mice, keyboards) will work with your PlayStation® 5 console! 🎮🚀
PlayStation® 5 Disc Edition
PlayStation® 5 Digital Edition
Note: Some users have experienced disconnection issues if Bluetooth is enabled on their PS5. Simple workaround: Disable Bluetooth.
Settings > Accessories > General > Turn off Bluetooth
Cronus Zen supports all features of the PS5 DualSense® & DualSense Edge® controllers (USB only). Zen's firmware must be upgraded to at least .
DualSense Edge® (CFI-ZCP1)
*There is currently a bug with DualSense Edge® which causes it to disconnect. The temporary workaround is to have a DualSense® connected to A1, and the Edge to A3. The Edge paddles work fine. This is a known bug and temporary workaround.
The following are third-party licensed PS5 controllers that have been verified to work with Cronus Zen (USB only). If you're using a controller that works but not listed here, we'd love to know! Reach out to us at cronus.support. 🥰
Razer Wolverine v2 Pro
PDP Victrix Pro BFG
*The HORI OCTA Fighting Commander PS5/PS4 wired controller does not have a Right Analogue Stick so will only work with fighting games and some racing games. It is useless for FPS games like COD.
**The Victrix Pro can be detected by Zen Studio when the controller is switched to PC mode.
These controllers are NOT currently compatible with Cronus Zen:
- PS5 Scuf Reflex
- PS5 Scuf Reflex Pro
- All Unlicensed PS5 Controllers
- All Flight Sticks
- All H.O.T.A.S.
Note: Connecting an unsupported controller might trigger an E3 Error Code. Simply unplug/replug the USB cable to reset.
This guide will show you how to connect any controller to a PlayStation® 5 console.
First make sure your Zen is updated to . If it isn't, you'll need to visit STEP 1: Update Firmware.
OK, Let's get after it.
- Connect the Cronus Zen to your PC using the PROG USB port.
- Open Zen Studio .
- Select the Device panel.
- The Emulator Output Protocol must be set to AUTO. This is also the default setting after a factory reset.
- DualSense® Controller (USB Only):
- Connect to the A1 USB port. That's it. 😁
- Crossover Gameplay:
- Other devices such as non-PS5 controllers, mice, keyboards etc. use the A3 USB port, and also the A2 port if you need to connect two devices.
- You can also use a secondary device alongside a DualSense® controller such as a mouse for enhanced aiming, or a keypad with dozens of assigned MACROs.
- Crossover Note:
- A DualSense® controller must be connected to A1 while using any crossover device on a PlayStation® 5.
- Bluetooth Pairing:
- Tap Zen's Bluetooth pairing button (P2) for pairing mode.
- DualShock4® controllers: Hold down SHARE + PS for pairing mode.
- Nintendo® Switch controllers: Hold down Sync buttons for pairing mode.
- Xbox® Controllers: There is currently no Bluetooth support. Requires adapter.
- Wireless Adapters:
- To achieve wireless support for Xbox controllers, the Xbox Wireless Adapter is required. Plug it into A3, connect the Xbox® controller to A2 for a few seconds, then unplug. Soon, the LED on the Adapter and controller will turn solid white, indicating successful pairing.
- The Astro C40 adapter can also be connected to A3.
Your controller might not charge when connected via Zen. Ensure it's fully charged or equipped with fresh batteries to prevent disconnections.
Considering the wide variety of headsets, controllers, and consoles, we can't promise full audio functionality for every combo. However, many USB setups are compatible.
Give yours a try and find out! 🎧🎮