PlayStation 4 Setup
Breathe new life into your old racing wheel with Cronus Zen. Now supporting a range of awesome, but forgotten wheels from Logitech and Fanatec, fully functional on a PlayStation 4 with full Force Feedback, Pedals, Brakes, Clutch, and Shifter support for the latest SIM Racers!
"Unfortunately, our existing Logitech G wheels don’t work with next-generation systems. This is often a side effect of a new platform launch."
👉 This page includes the following guides for PlayStation SIM Racer gaming:
- PlayStation 4 Setup
- PlayStation 4 Setup
- PlayStation 4 Setup
- PlayStation 4 Setup
- PlayStation 4 Setup
🏁 DRIVE HUB
If you require more advanced support for newer games, and a much larger range of wheels, clutches, brakes, and shifters, as well as support for both the PS5 and XBOX SERIES X/S - we invite you to check out our dedicated Racing Wheel product, the Drive Hub 🛒
Please note there will be no further updates to Zen's Wheel mode (final update was Jan 2020) as there simply isn't enough space to handle the huge list of different brands of wheels, brakes, shifters and clutches, with support for both PlayStation and Xbox and dozens of games across multiple platforms.
That's why we developed the amazing Drive Hub - which has been GTPlanet's favorite wheel adapter since 2017!
This is the complete list of Logitech and Fanatec Wheels that are supported on a PlayStation 4 by Cronus Zen's Wheel Mode, including full Force Feedback support.
- Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base v1
- Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base v1.5
- Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base v2
- Fanatec CSR
- Fanatec CSR Elite
- Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2
- Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3
- Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 R
- Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS v2
- Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo
- Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S
- Logitech Driving Force GT
- Logitech G25
- Logitech G27
Fanatec Notes: Must be switched to PS3 mode with DC power supply connected. See the Fanatec PS3 Mode page for detailed instructions.
Logitech G25 Notes: The wheel must be switched to PS3 mode with the DC power supply connected. To change between six-speed and sequential mode, push straight down on shift knob and turn Mode Selection Dial so the red arrow points to the desired symbol. In sequential mode, the Sequential Mode Status Light will be on. In six-speed mode, the light will be off - Instructions PDF Logitech G27 Notes: The wheel must be switched to PS3 mode with the DC power supply connected - Instructions PDF
Logitech G29 Notes: Works on a PS4/PS5 without using Zen. The wheel must be switched to PS4 mode with the DC power supply connected - Instructions PDF
Logitech Gaming Software: Download
Zen's Wheel Mode has been tested working with the vast majority of SIM Racers that support racing wheels on the PS4, such as Gran Turismo 7, Assetto Corsa Competizione, F1 22, GRID Legends, and WRC 10.
This is the complete list of known compatible PS4 SIM Racers that work with Cronus Zen and Wheel Mode.
US RELEASE DATE
August 30, 2016
Assetto Corsa Competizione
June 23, 2020
Baja: Edge of Control
September 14, 2017
September 25, 2018
June 6, 2017
November 6, 2020
April 5, 2016
Dirt Rally 2.0
February 26, 2019
October 7, 2014
July 21, 2015
August 19, 2016
August 25, 2017
August 24, 2018
June 28, 2019
July 10, 2020
July 16, 2021
July 1, 2022
Farming Simulator 15
May 19, 2015
Farming Simulator 17
October 25, 2016
Farming Simulator 19
November 20, 2018
Gran Turismo 7
March 4, 2022
Gran Turismo Sport
October 17, 2017
February 27, 2018
October 11, 2019
February 25, 2022
GRIP: Combat Racing
November 6, 2018
Monster Jam Steel Titans
June 25, 2019
Monster Jam Steel Titans 2
March 2, 2021
NASCAR Heat 3
September 7, 2018
NASCAR Heat 4
September 13, 2019
NASCAR Heat 5
July 7, 2020
Need for Speed Heat
November 8, 2019
Need for Speed Payback
November 10, 2017
May 6, 2015
Project CARS 2
September 22, 2017
Project CARS 3
August 28, 2020
April 28, 2020
October 31, 2017
The Crew 2
June 29, 2018
September 19, 2019
September 11, 2018
October 13, 2015
October 7, 2016
September 15, 2017
September 10, 2019
September 3, 2020
September 2, 2021
August 27, 2019
March 26, 2019
Remember, Wheel Mode is only intended for SIM Racers that support Force Feedback, Clutch, Brakes, Shifter and Pedals. It doesn't support Arcade Racers such as Gear Club Unlimited 2, Hot Wheels Unleashed and Inertial Drift: Twilight Rivals Edition, which all work with a standard controller.
PS4 CONSOLE SETTINGS
Now for the fun part. Follow these steps to get you started...
- Check the game is compatible with PS4 (see above list)
- No PlayStation controllers paired to the PS4 (delete them from Bluetooth Devices)
- Do not have any scripts or GamePacks enabled while setting up your wheel
When connecting a DUALSHOCK 4 to your PlayStation using an USB cable, it also pairs it to the console via Bluetooth. So, to correctly unpair a DS4 Bluetooth controller, simply connect Zen to the PlayStation using any controller, then it won't auto pair to the console after you 'Forget Device'👍
Be sure to apply the PS4 Settings below (or risk your wheel disconnecting) 👇
- Settings > Devices > Controllers > Select Controller then press OPTIONS > Forget Device
- Settings > Devices > Controllers > Communication Method: Use USB Cable
- Settings > Power Save Settings > Set Time Until Controllers Turn Off: Do Not Turn Off
SETUP PS4 WHEEL MODE
Unlike other inferior products, all supported wheels are automatically re-mapped and converted so they detect in-game as a Logitech G29 with Force Feedback (FFB)👍 We do all the heavy lifting for you!
If your wheel requires a power supply such as Logitech G25, G27 & G29 wheels (DC 24V 2A / 2000mA 48W), it must be connected (if you don't have the PSU, you can buy one from eBay for less than $20), and if you have any pedals, brakes, shifter, clutch, etc. that came with your wheel, make sure they all connected too. If the power supply is not connected, then your wheel will output strange behavior, for example when playing GT7 with a Logitech G27 and no AC/DC power supply connected, there may be no Force Feedback, the left D-PAD is continuously pressing, and the clutch will not detect at all.
You also need a PS4 license donor controller connected to A1, so that the wheel does not disconnect every 8-10 minutes. We recommend the DUALSHOCK 4 CUH-ZCT2 (DS4 v2) which is our preferred controller for all PS4 crossover setups. The table below speaks for itself 😁
X: U=USA, E=Europe, J=Japan
RACING WHEEL (USB)
Setup Hardware: PlayStation 4 console, DUALSHOCK 4 v2 controller, Zen Studio and Zen Firmware .
- Connect the CRONUS ZEN to a PC using the PROG USB port (mini-USB).
- Open ZEN STUDIO V > Tools > Zen Operational Mode > select Wheel Mode then click the FINISH button.
The Wheel Mode logo should now appear on Zen's OLED screen.
- Now go to Zen Studio's Device panel and set the Emulator Output Protocol to AUTO if it isn't already, and make sure that PS4 Speciality and PS Remote Play are NOT enabled.
- Tap Zen's reset button and the firmware version in the status bar should now read "Firmware version v WE. The active Operational Mode 'PS4 Wheel Edition Mode' is also displayed in the status bar. NOTE: If it says, 'Device Disconnected', unplug and reconnect the PROG (mini-USB) cable.
- Next, unplug all cables from the Zen (no power), then connect the DUALSHOCK 4 v2 to A1.
- Connect a compatible RACING WHEEL to A3 (don't forget the power supply).
- Finally, connect the CRONUS ZEN to a PS4 CONSOLE with the CONSOLE/PC (micro-USB) cable, then tap Zen's reset button so that everything syncs up correctly. IMPORTANT NOTE: If using a PS4 PRO, Zen must connect to the consoles rear USB port.
⛔ HAZARD WARNING!
DO NOT touch the wheel while the Force Feedback initialization and auto calibration is in progress. It will avoid injuries and/or incorrect calibration.
AUDIO: You can connect a wired headset to the A1 DUALSHOCK 4 v2 donor controller. However, it is recommended that you use a wireless headset, or one that connects directly to the console and not the controller. For more details see the Wired Headset Users page.
TIPS & TRICKS
💡EXPERT LOGITECH SETTINGS
If you are looking for the best Logitech wheel settings, we highly recommend Brian Koponen's website, he is an expert in all things SIM Racers and guides you through settings for the Logitech GHUB software, and also in-game settings for every major racing game!
If you wish to monitor controller outputs in real-time with Zen Studio, connect the PROG (mini-USB) cable from Zen to PC, and keep the Zen connected to your PS4 with the CONSOLE/PC (micro-USB) cable. Open Zen Studio and make sure the Zen is detected, then go to the Device panel and select Tools > Device Monitor (Shortcut: F3).
If the Zen RGB LEDs do not light up, or if the wheel is not responding, unplug all USB cables from the Zen, reconnect, then press Zen's reset button and that should fix it. Make sure the controllers are powered on.
If your controller disconnects:
- The controller connected to A1 does not work as a donor (e.g., DS4 v1).
- The USB cable from the donor controller to the Zen is bad.
- The USB port on the controller is damaged.
- The DUALSHOCK 4 is paired to the console by Bluetooth.
For more detailed help, check out the extensive Cronus Support Checklist 👈 guide.
Fanatec PS3 Mode
Logitech G Shifter Overlay
Compatible Racing Games